Please review the information before registering for Mystic Lake Summer Camp:
Mystic Lake Camp registration will look different than in years past. Below is detailed information on how you can register your child for summer camp!
Registering for Camp:
2021 MLC Brochure - Please view for offerings
For Online Registrations:
Please go to our MLC brochure below and view camp grid and click on the week that you would like to register for and it will take you over to our online registration site.
Due to Covid-19 restrictions, we will be offering 6 weeks of summer camp programs. Spots will be limited, so secure your spot early!
Or you can register via:
- By phone at (517)827-9650
- By faxing our paper registration form found under our Camp Forms Section to Fax: (989)544.2722
- By mail via our paper registration form found under our Camp Forms section on our website and mail to the Mystic Lake YMCA Camp at P.O. Box 100, Lake, MI 48632
We take credit card and electronic checks as forms of payment. A nonrefundable registration fee of $100 is required per session per child and must accompany your camper registration. The registration fee is applied to the total balance. All camp balances must be paid at least 15 days prior to your child's camp session.
Please view our Parent Handbook for information regarding our refund policy.
For financial assistance information, please view our FAQs below.
Bus trips to and from camp are provided from the Parkwood YMCA (2306 Haslett Road, East Lansing) to Camp. Check in at the bus is Sunday morning at 11:30am and the bus leaves the Parkwood YMCA at 12:00pm. The bus will return to the Parkwood YMCA at approximately 7:45pm on the following Friday. The fee for this service is $30 each way. To register for busing, please make sure that you add busing to your online transaction before checking out. Due to COVID-19 restrictions, space on the bus will be limited. If bus registration is at capacity, you can place your child on the waitlist and camp will contact you if a spot opens up.
Parents can add money to their child's camp store account online. Click Here to go to our online site.
COVID-19 Playbook - Updated 6.7.21
Our COVID-19 Playbook contains guidelines based on best practices to help make your stay with us enjoyable and safe. Please make sure to read prior to your first visit at Mystic Lake Camp
Basic Summer Camp FAQ's
Realizing that families have different abilities to pay,
Mystic Lake YMCA Camp has instituted a voluntary three-tier fee program. You may choose the tier that is most suitable for your family. All campers receive the same Y experience no matter what they pay.
TIER A is our historically subsidized rate and does not reflect the true cost of operating summer camp programs.
TIER B is our partially subsidized fee for those who can pay a little more but still cannot afford the actual cost of camp.
TIER C accounts for the true costs of camp including wear and tear of building and grounds.
A financial aid scholarship application is available on our website.
We believe that no child should be denied access to Mystic Lake due to inability to pay. We have financial assistance available for those that demonstrate need. All information is kept confidential and assistance is awarded in the order we receive requests.
Click here if you would like to apply for a scholarship.
The $100 registration fee is nonrefundable.
In the event of dismissal or voluntary withdrawal, there is no refund of fees
A medical excuse with physician signature may be required for medical refund minus the registration fee.
Due to Covid-19, special exemptions regarding refunds will be made on a case by case basis. Refunds due to Covid-19 may include the registration fee.
Check in Sunday at camp is from 2pm-4pm. Bus check in takes place at the Parkwood YMCA at 11:30am (the bus leaves for camp promptly at 12pm.)
Check out is Friday evening from 6pm-7pm. The bus will return to East Lansing at approximately 8:00pm on Friday evening.
COVID-19 Specific FAQs
A camp experience is more important than ever in the lives of our young people. The opportunity to connect with friends and nature helps socially and developmentally in so many ways. We will practice physical distancing when feasible but are excited to help add the social part back into our kids lives again!
Mystic Lake YMCA Camp operational protocols will be in alignment with local, state and national health guidelines. This will include:
- Pre Camp Health Screenings and Daily Temperature Checks for Youth and Staff
- Program offerings and daily schedules will be adjusted to limit exposure to individuals both inside and outside our camp community. All programs will take place on Mystic Lake YMCA Camp’s beautiful 600 acre camp property which includes miles of trails, 2 lakes and an amazing bog!
- Our mitigation strategy for campers and staff will include non-pharmaceutical interventions (NPI’s) when appropriate and feasible- including physical distancing, staying outdoors and wearing masks.
- Hygiene and cleaning breaks will be built into the camp daily schedule.
- Limited cabin capacity to help with physical distancing and more personal camper care.
- Campers will form “Cabins” with up to 10 campers each and will participate in activities together. Occasionally a larger group activity may occur but only if physical distancing can be achieved.
- Enhanced cleaning, sanitation and personal hygiene protocols will be part of our overall mitigation strategy.
- Daily schedules are being developed to keep campers in their “Cabin Groups” as they rotate thru activities. Shared activities will be cleaned and sanitized in between uses.
- Cabin groups utilizing shared shower houses will have shower schedules so sanitation can occur between uses.
We have always loved serving meals Family Style and this year may be different. In 2021 your child may enjoy a meal indoors, outdoors and maybe even at one of their favorite spots on camp. Due to current restrictions your camper may not see our famous salad bar but rest assured- we will find creative ways to provide great food and healthy options.
In an effort to provide as safe a camp experience as possible we are focusing our resources on offering our core programs. Equestrian, some specialty camps and Offsite Trip programs will remain paused for the summer of 2021.
There may be more questions you have and we ask that you continue to monitor our website as additional information becomes available. When registration opens we will have a more detailed Playbook outlining our new policies and procedures related to Covid-19. And of course you can always contact our camp office at (517)827-9650 or email our Executive Director at Ricky Wright at firstname.lastname@example.org Please understand that until early spring staffing will be limited so response time may be delayed.