New to DeWitt January:
Boxing Bootcamp with Dave Thursday nights 6:45-7:45pm
Combine boxing with strength and cardio drills for an awesome full body workout!
Cycle and Core DeWitt December Wednesdays 6-7pm:
Want a cardio workout but need to work your core? This one stop class will hit both and leave you feeling great!
Kettlebell Small Group Training - Kettlebell combines functional compound exercises which works multiple muscle groups. You will develop strength, muscular endurance, flexibility, and even cardiovascular conditioning with this workout. Kettlebell small group training is a fun and high energy option at the Downtown Y. Join us on Tuesday’s 5:15 - 6:00pm in Studio A with Tom.
New to Oak Park December with Instructor Yeno:
Drums Alive! Combines the benefits of a traditional physical fitness program with the added benefits of a music program that fosters a healthy balance physically, mentally, emotionally and socially! – Thursdays 5:30-6:10pm
Cardio Boxing: Make the most of your 30 minutes with this fun, heart pumping class designed to torch calories while you punch and kick your way to fitness. Thursdays 6:30-7pm
New to Oak Park December with Jenn:
Tabata: This 30 minute class will challenge you and shape you with tabata timing intervals, combining cardio and strength. Tuesdays 5:30-6pm
Oak Park December Spin Fusion Saturdays at 8:05am
Start your Saturday off right with spinning intervals mixed with bodyweight movements for a full body workout.
We have THREE new classes coming January 2020! Sign up today!
- Body Blast Circuit Training: Body Blast will be 45 minutes filled with full body circuit training. We will HIIT all areas of the body to ensure your rate is elevated and your muscles are being worked! Mondays at 6:45 pm
- Yoga Flow: We are bringing evening yoga back at the Parkwood Y! Join us Tuesday evenings for our new yoga class with our fantastic instructor Jess! Tuesdays: 5:45 pm
- Burnout Bootcamp: This boot camp that will incorporate both strength and cardio bursts that will get your heart rate up! Strength segments will challenge both the upper and lower body! Wednesdays at 5:30 pm
- Functional Fitness Frenzy: This class focuses on functional cardio & strength movements to improve your strength and flexibility for your daily living activities. Fridays at 6:00 am
You asked and we listened! Bundles are back!
- We have one new bundle options!
o Yoga: Monday's Slow Flow Yoga, Wednesday's Yoga for Beginners, Thursday's Yoga Flow AND Friday's Yoga Basics
Restorative Yoga : Restorative Yoga is a practice that’s good for everyone, regardless of gender, age, size, or athletic ability. This class encourages the use of props to create comfortable seated or reclined postures for total relaxation during practice. Students typically hold these postures longer in order to lengthen the connective tissue that surrounds the joints and increase its elasticity. This technique prevents injury, promotes joint health, and is especially beneficial if you are experiencing stress or exhaustion and anxiety. Tuesday 7:00-8:00pm, YMCA Member $14, Guest $40
Yoga Flow Vinyasa: Vinyasa style class, poses described in detail, the teacher will move around the room verbally instructing and giving hands-on adjustments to get students into alignment. The focus of class is on linking breath to movement, increasing mindfulness, building strength, and increasing flexibility/mobility. All levels welcome, there is always modifications available and opportunity for advancing poses. This class provides a safe and non-judgmental space for all students to grow and learn about yoga, Namaste! Tuesday 5:45-6:45pm, YMCA Member $14, Guest $40
RPM Fitness: RPM fitness allows individuals to sculpt the body to perform sports like professionals through conditioning, cardio, high intensity movement. Class is offered as a beginners to advance 13 years old +. Tuesday 6pm to 7:15pm,Y Member $14 Guest $40