NEW! The YMCA of Metropolitan Lansing is now offering outdoor group exercise classes at select Y locations! Come enjoy a fun workout while following guidelines and social distancing.
Online registration is required in advance to reserve your spot. Space is limited. Please review outdoor activity guidelines before registering.
Fall Session Starts September 1st - Registration Now Open!
Parkwood YMCA – 2306 Haslett Rd, East Lansing
Name: Body Blast Circuit Training
Description: This total body circuit training will HIIT all areas of your body. We will be training all main muscle groups through body weight exercises that will incorporate both cardiovascular movements and muscle endurance movements.
When: Tuesdays and Thursday 10:00am – 10:40am (40 min) in parking lot
Westside YMCA – 3700 Old Lansing Rd, Lansing
Name: Total Body Blast
Description: Total Body Blast targets all of your muscle groups doing a combination of lower body, upper body, core, and cardiovascular exercises to help maximize your workout.
When: Monday's and Wednesday's 7:15am - 7:50am (35 min) in the parking lot
WHAT TO BRING: Towel, yoga mat and a prefilled water bottle
WHAT TO WEAR: Workout Clothes- no changing area will be available and comfortable workout shoes for activity on grass and asphalt.
OUTDOOR ACTIVITY GUIDELINES:
- All outdoor classes will be available to active paying members only who are 13 years and older. If you need to activate your membership prior to registering, please email your branch. For Parkwood Classes - email@example.com or Westside Classes - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Members will sign an electronic waiver at the time of registering for a class.
- Participants will need to go through health check screening questions upon arrival and get a temperature check.
- Please arrive 5-10 ahead of class to allow time to complete this process.
- Staff are trained in CPR and First Aid will be available in the event of an emergency.
- There will be no restrooms available for use as our facilities remain closed, so please plan accordingly.
- Parents should not bring their children 12 and under to the class.
- Please follow social distancing requirements of six feet at all times.
- Masks are not required for outdoor classes.
WEATHER AND OUTDOOR CONDITIONS:
Class schedules are subject to change due to weather conditions. In the event of inclement weather, please check your email for all class cancellations. Outdoor classes cancelled due to inclement weather will not be rescheduled or relocated.