SilverSneakers® is a fun, energizing program that helps older adults take greater control of their health by encouraging physical activity and offering social events.
Unlock the door to greater independence and a healthier life with SilverSneakers®. Health plans around the country offer this program to people who are eligible for Medicare or to group retirees. SilverSneakers® provides a FREE fitness center membership to the YMCA of Metropolitan Lansing.
Learn more about SilverSneakers, eligibility, locations and more HERE!
The YMCA of Metropolitan Lansing offers Silver Sneakers®, the nation’s leading exercise program for active older adults who are Medicare eligible. This innovative program provides opportunities for seniors to improve their fitness, health, and well-being. Silver Sneakers classes are designed specifically for the unique health and physical needs of older adults. Taught by a certified instructor, classes focus on improving strength, flexibility, balance and coordination.
- Complete access to all 3 YMCA locations
- FREE YMCA Membership that includes all benefits
- We offer over 5 customized SilverSneakers® classes designed exclusively for older adults who want to improve their strength, flexibility, balance and endurance
- Access to other Active Older Adults classes (view our class schedules for more information by clicking here)
- Pools available for lap swimming and water aerobics classes.