In partnership with the Armed Services YMCA (ASYMCA), the Y is proud to offer a 6-month membership to eligible military families and personnel through the Department of Defense’s (DoD) Military Outreach Initiative (MOI).
The Armed Services YMCA has partnered with YMCAs, as well as national and independent fitness centers nationwide, to offer service members and family free access to fitness centers. The Military Outreach Initiative gives service members and military families extra support and access to vital resources that promote youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. It’s another way of giving back to those who dedicate themselves to serving our country.
To qualify for this program, military members and families must meet eligibility criteria for one of the program categories listed:
Title 10 Status
- Active Duty Independent Duty Personnel (IDP)
- Unaccompanied Spouse/Family of Active Duty Service Members
- Unaccompanied Spouse/Family of Joint Deployed Guard and Reserve
- Community Based Warrior Transition Unit/Warrior Care Unit
Department of Defense (DoD) Eligibility Form
The application process is easy and confidential.
- Download and complete the Military Outreach Initiative Application
- Additional form for Independent Duty Station – Command form (IDP)
- Form(s) to be filled out, save on your desktop and submit to your MCAO (Military Component Approving Official)
- If pre-approved by ASYMCA, you will receive an email from them.
- If not pre-approved, ASYMCA will email you with the reason why it wasn’t pre-approved and what is missing.
Armed Services YMCA (ASYMCA)
Additional Information and full packet regarding this program can be found on the ASYMCA website.